Saturday, April 18, 2009

FISH CREEK-April 2009






















Fish Creek....the title of this little stream says it all. a creek with more fish than water. Me and Gilbert had been itching to go up there for awhile and lucky for me, it rained/snowed the day we were planning on going which meant that I couldn't work. Me and Gilbert headed up there and after we got there on a cold snowy day(don't worry, it didn't dampen our spirits even though it didnt stop snowing the entire time we were there) we found that flows on the creek were ideal. The fish were hungary(especially for pheasant tail nymphs handmade by Derek) and we had good luck. Of course Gilbert beat me as far as the number of fish landed which we lost count of towards the end because we were catching so many, but the title of biggest fish went to me(sorry Gilbert!). We have our favorite hole we call "honey hole" and we decided to hit it as we were walking out and thought we would only be there a few minutes and stayed more than an hour. We kept taking turns casting into the same, let me repeat the same hole and we both kept reeling them in. All in all, it was a great day of fishing.












1 comment:

  1. 19 and 1/2 huh? Nice fish! That sure was fun. Can't wait to go fishing with you again, too bad it's not going to be raining tomorrow when I go back there:( I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete